MOVEMENT OF THE BABY IN THE WOMB
The movement of the baby in the womb is very important for a mother. The movement of the baby in the womb starts long before birth. Doctors consider this movement as a major sign of the baby's health. How the child is or in what condition is understood by the movement. The mother should monitor the baby's movements throughout the day. If any abnormality occurs, it should be reported to the doctor immediately.
- For those who have conceived for the first time, it may take a little longer to understand the movements. Usually at 18 to 24 weeks, the mother starts to feel the movement of the baby inside the womb. At this time, the feeling will be like a gentle vibration or shock. Gradually the mother will begin to feel the movements better.
- The baby rests or sleeps even in the womb. Babies do not move during sleep. But this time should not be more than 90 minutes continuously. A mother needs to understand when and how long her baby usually sleeps.
- Movements usually increase after eating. Between 28 and 36 weeks of pregnancy the most movement is felt.
- Between 36 and 42 weeks of pregnancy, the fetus grows in size and its range of motion decreases. As a result, the intensity of movement decreases. But the movement does not decrease.
- The best time to count the movements is in the afternoon when you are resting on your left side with a full stomach. The accepted method for counting movements is to count the number of times the baby moves every two hours. It is normal to have at least 10 movements in 2 hours.
- Other common reasons why mothers may have less than normal movements or not move for long periods of time are placenta previa, taking strong painkillers or sleeping pills, if the mother is addicted to alcohol or smoking, if the water in the uterus is too low, if the mother has any Complex physical or mental problems, child's breathing problems, etc. A sudden decrease in movement means that the unborn child is becoming lethargic. A decrease in kick count increases the risk of stillbirth. Many have seen the mother neglect after the baby has reduced movement. So, whenever a mother feels that the baby's movements are less than ten times, she should discuss it with the doctor instantly.